Sunday, October 5, 2008

Vegetarian Month

So my brother is living with us now...
I was in Yoga class the other day, and the instructor told us that OCTOBER is World Vegetarian Month (October 1st is World Veggie DAY.) My brother and I have decided to participate. I'll be photo-doumenting our little veggie journey.
I couldn't do anything without the help of my trusty veggie cookbook, VEGETARIAN BASICS.

So far I've been doing great! I haven't even craved meat. I really have a weak spot for hearty chicken dishes, but I'm doin' good!

Try THIS recipe (this is my version of the Roasted Veggie Sandwich):
SERVES 2-3 HUNGRY PEOPLE!
Preheat your Broiler.
Slice the following:
1 green/red/yellow bell pepper, 1 Medium Onion, A handful or more of Grape Tomatoes in half.
Throw them in a casserole dish and toss these vegetables in olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Put them in the broiler for 8 minutes, making sure they are 4"-5" away from the fire. Stir halfway through cooking time.
While they are cooking, slice an avocado and toast hearty wheat rolls.
Take 1/4 C Mayonnaise and sprinkle in dried basil and garlic powder. Stir.
Spread on each half of the wheat rolls, Pile roasted veggies and fresh avocado on top of the roll.



No comments: